Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Looking for a Little Inspiration


       This week has seemed... Long. It has dragged. I have dragged. I have yet to unpack my bag from a week ago. Clothes are piled everywhere. Emma's room, the spare room, our room, the bathroom. The sheets need to be washed, floors need to be cleaned, toilets need to be scrubbed. The list goes on...

       The week hasn't been a complete "epic fail". I've gotten little things done here and there. I spent time with family. Cuddled with my adorable nephew. Finalized (I think) a tough decision. Laughed with friends over a glass of wine. Brainstormed new ideas for my oils. Took my daughter to the library and read some books.

       Last night, I kept thinking about how I needed a little mid-week inspiration to get my rear in gear. But when I woke up to my crying daughter this morning at 5:45, I realized that I had all the inspiration that I needed. The week wasn't a failure. I was just focusing on the things that I didn't get done. The quote below really hit home...

       This quote is proven true everywhere I look... in my daughter's bright blue eyes, the wall of pictures in my parent's house, my childhood scrapbook, hard-earned college diploma, photos of kids I used to babysit for, memory books from my years of teaching. Moments like the ones I mentioned don't get repeated. Life is made up of those little moments, and if you blink (or in my case focus on what I didn't get done), you miss it. You miss life. That is all the inspiration I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment