Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Favorite Recipe Monday


       The four o-clock hour is approaching. Your kids are crabbing. The laundry is split between the floor, washing machine, and dryer. You quickly open the washing machine lid so the clothes don't smell later otherwise your efforts will be for nothing. (Did I mention that on days like this laundry is the first thing on the FOREVER long list of things to do?) Missed naps, dishes in the sink, still wearing your yoga pants and lacking a shower... it is one of THOSE days.


       At this point, the crock pot is obviously out of the question. You are kicking yourself for not prepping a crock pot meal last night or early this morning while the kiddos were sleeping. (Maybe For sure tomorrow!) You stare into the pantry and refrigerator, and your mind is drawing a blank... Sound all too familiar???

       I will share a favorite recipe of mine. It is pretty simple. Keep it on the back burner for days like the one that I just described! Even if my house is a disaster, and my daughter is fussing when my husband gets home, I at least feel like I accomplished something if I pulled off a semi-decent dinner. :)


Bruschetta Chicken

You will need...
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I have to skip this yummy ingredient because I'm lactose intolerant- yes, it sucks.)
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic croutons (If you don't have any, you could use bread crumbs or crushed corn flakes and season them with garlic salt.)
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tbsps. basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (approx. 1 tsp.)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking dish. Place flour & beaten eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken into flour, then into eggs. Place in baking dish. Then combine Parmesan cheese, crushed croutons, & melted butter and sprinkle onto chicken. Loosely cover with foil, and bake for 30-40 minutes. (or until top is browned and chicken is cooked through) Chop tomatoes and combine with basil, garlic, olive oil, and salt & pepper. Spoon the mixture over the cooked chicken and bake for 5-7 minutes. I served my chicken with salad and toasted garlic ciabatta bread.



       Enjoy! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment